We created payment plans because our clients wanted the ability to:
- Give multi-level discounts- i.e. 5% off second class, 10% off third class, 5th class free, etc.
- Give family discounts- Apply those discounts to multiple family members.
- Offer Recurring billing- Allow families to enjoy all the discounts, while at the same time pay tuition monthly.
- Online payment and registration- Have the ability to get multi-level family discounts PLUS recurring billing PLUS purchase online.
When setting a class, you will see TWO PRICE boxes:
- Regular price: (i.e. $50/month)
- Payment plan price (frequently set at $0)
A payment plan price is set up: (i.e. 3 classes for $125/month -- savings of $25). If a student selects a payment plan, and 3 classes, they will automatically only be charged for the payment plan.
Discounts work in the following way:
- Percent is taken off the LOWEST cost class: If there is a $50 class and a $60 class, the % will be take from the $50 class.
- Discounts work best with NON-RECURRING billing-- i.e. a class paid in full.
- If you use a discount on a recurring billing class, the discount will ONLY be taken from the FIRST PAYMENT.
Tags: How do I discount, difference between payment plans and discounts, how do I set up a family discount.